- April, a poem by Florence Earle Coates ("Swelling bud and fond suggestion")
- April, a poem by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe ("Tell me, eyes, what 'tis ye're seeking")
- April, a poem by Frances Ridley Havergal ("O the wealth of pearly blossom! O the woodland's emerald gleam!")
- April, a poem by Letitia Elizabeth Landon ("Of all the months that fill the year")
- April, a poem by Sara Teasdale. ("The roofs are shining from the rain,")
- April, a poem by John Greenleaf Whittier. ("'T is the noon of the spring-time, yet never a bird")
- April, a poem by William Carlos Williams.
- April, a poem by Nathaniel Parker Willis. ("I have found violets. April hath come on,")
- "April", William Watson; Harry Clarke (ill.). The year's at the spring, 1920. ("April, April")
- [unattributed] (1914), "April" in The New Student's Reference Work.
See also In April.