Author:Alexander III of Macedon
|←Author Index: Al||Alexander III of Macedon
(356 BCE–323 BCE)
|Alexander III of Macedon (356–323 BC), popularly known as Alexander the Great, was a Greek king of Macedon. He is the most celebrated member of the Argead Dynasty and created one of the largest empires in ancient history|
Works about Alexander
- A Dialogue between Alexander the Great, and Diogenes the Cynic, by Henry Fielding
- The Anabasis of Alexander; or, The history of the wars and conquests of Alexander the Great, translated by E.J. Chinnock (1883)
- “Alexander III,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Alexander,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- “Alexander the great,” Easton's Bible Dictionary, 1897.
- “Alexander The Great,” in Complete Encyclopaedia of Music by John Weeks Moore, Boston:Oliver Ditson Company (1880).
- “Alexander the Great,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.