Author:Annie Wood Besant
|←Author Index: Be||Annie Besant
|A prominent Theosophist, women's rights activist, writer and orator.|
- On the Political Status of Women (1874)
- Civil and Religious Liberty (c. 1875)
- The Legalisation of Female Slavery in England (1876)
- Is the Bible Indictable? (c. 1877)
- The Law of Population: Its Consequences, and Its Bearing upon Human Conduct and Morals (1877)
- Marriage, As It Was, As It Is, And As It Should Be: A Plea For Reform (1878)
- Biblical Biology (1884)
- Autobiographical Sketches (1885) (Project Gutenberg)
- Modern Socialism (1886)
- Why I Am a Socialist (1886)
- Why I Do Not Believe in God (1887)
- Why I became a Theosophist (1889)
- An Autobiography (1893) (Project Gutenberg)
- Bhagavad Gita (Translation) (1895)
- The Ancient Wisdom (1898)
- Vier Voordrachten over Theosofie (1898) (Project Gutenberg)
- Avatâras (1899) (Project Gutenberg)
- Thought Forms (1901) (Project Gutenberg) ISBN 0-8356-0008-4
- Esoteric Christianity (1905) (Project Gutenberg)
- Death—and After? (1906) (Project Gutenberg)
- London Lectures of 1907 (Project Gutenberg)
- An Introduction to Yoga (1908) (Project Gutenberg)
- Occult Chemistry (Project Gutenberg)
- The Basis of Morality, 1915 (Project Gutenberg)
- The Doctrine of the Heart (1920)
- The Case for India, presidential address delivered by Annie Besant at the 32nd Indian National Congress held at Calcutta 26th December 1917 (Project Gutenberg)
- The Devachanic Plane. Theosophical Publishing House, London, ca 1895.
- Man and his bodies. Theosophical Publishing House, London, 1911.
- Man's life in this and other worlds. Theosophical Publishing House, Adyar, 1913.
- Study in Consciousness. A contribution to the science of psychology. Theosophical Publishing House, Madras, ca 1907.
- The Freethinker's Text Book
- A Rough Outline of Theosophy (1921)
Works about Besant
- “Besant, Mrs. Annie,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Besant, Mrs. Anne,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Besant, Annie,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- “Besant, Annie,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.