|←Author Index: Be||Walter Besant
Novelist and historian who lived largely in London
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. Be."
- All Sorts and Conditions of Men
- Armorel of Lyonesse
- Beyond the Dreams of Avarice
- Children of Gibeon
- Fifty Years Ago
- For Faith and Freedom
- Gaspard de Coligny
- Herr Paulus
- In Deacon's Orders, and Other Stories
- St. Katharine's by the Tower
- The Bell of St. Paul's
- The Ivory Gate
- The Inner House (1888)
- The Rebel Queen
- The World Went Very Well Then
- Verbena Camellia Stephanotis
Contributions to Encyclopædia Britannica
- “Froissart, Jean”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Jefferies, Richard”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works about Besant
- “Besant, Sir Walter,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Besant, Sir Walter,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Besant, Sir Walter”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911