Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Be||Edmund Beckett
|Lord Grimthorpe. Lawyer, horologist, and architect. Known as Edmund Beckett Denison prior to 1874|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "G."
- The Life of John Lonsdale, Bishop of Lichfield: With Some of His Writings (1868)
- "Clock," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
- "Watch," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
Works about Beckett
- "Denison, Edmund Beckett," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Grimthorpe, Edmund Beckett, 1st Baron," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Beckett, Edmund," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.