Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ar||Edward Arber
|English academic and writer|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. A."
- Introductory Sketch To The Martin Marprelate Controversy
- Term catalogues, 1668-1709, A.D. (1903)
- "Smith, John (1580-1631)," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Edited by Arber
- Toxophilus by Roger Ascham (1869 edition of 1545 work)
- (ed.) The Last Fight of the Revenge at Sea (1871)
- A transcript of the registers of the Company of Stationers of London, 1554-1640, A.D (1875)
- The Scholemaster by Roger Ascham (1895 edition of 1570 work)
The English Scholar's Library of Old and Modern Works
- History of Reynard the Fox translated by William Caxton (1878). (external scan)
- The First Blast of the Trumpet by John Knox (1878). (external scan)
- A Handful of Pleasant Delights by Clement Robinson (1878).
- A Supplication for the Beggars by Simon Fish (1878).
- The State of the Church of England by John Udall (external scan)
- The Return from Parnassus (external scan)
- The seven deadly sins of London / T. Decker
- An Introductory Sketch to the Martin Marprelate Controversy (external scan)
- A Demonstration of Discipline by John Udall (external scan)
- Æneis I.-IV. by Virgil, translated by Richard Stanyhurst (external scan)
- The Epistle by Martin Marprelate (external scan)
- Menaphon / R. Greene
- An apology to W. Tindale / G. Joy
- Barnfield's Poems by Richard Barnfield
- An admonition to the people of England / T. Cooper
- Works, 1608-1631 / John Smith
Works about Arber
- "Arber, Edward," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Arber, Edward," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)