Author:George Haven Putnam
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Pu||George Haven Putnam
|American soldier, publisher, and author.|
- International copyright considered in some of its relations to ethics and political economy (1879) external link
- Authors and publishers: a manual of suggestions for beginners in literature (1883) external link
- Prose Masterpieces from Modern Essayists (1885) vol 1, vol 2
- The Question of copyright (1891) external link
- Authors and Their Public in Ancient Times (1893) external link
- The artificial mother, a marital fantasy (1894) external link
- Books and their makers during the middle ages (1896) vol 1, vol 2
- A Memoir of George Palmer Putnam (1903)
- The fiscal question in the United States, from the point of view of a business man (1904) external link
- The censorship of the church of Rome and its influence upon the production and distribution of literature (1906) vol 1, vol 2
- Abraham Lincoln (1909) external link
- The little gingerbread man [c1910] external link
- A prisoner of war in Virginia 1864-5 (1912) external link
- Memories of my youth, 1844-1865 (1914) external link
- Tabular views of universal history (1919) external link
- Memories of a Publisher, 1865-1915 (1915) external link
- The speech that won the East for Lincoln (1922) external link
- “Carl Schurz Attacks Croker and Tammany,” The New York Times, October 23, 1901. (in part)
Works aboout Putnam
- “Introductory Note,” Banquet to the Honorable Carl Schurz, March 2, 1899.
- "Putnam, Israel," by John Fiske in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- "Putnam, George Palmer," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- Addresses in Memory of Carl Schurz, November 21, 1906.
- "Putnam, George Haven," in The Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: (1918)
- "Putman, Emily James Smith," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Putnam, George Haven," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Putnam, George Haven," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- Henry Ford, The International Jew, Volume 4: Aspects of Jewish Power in the United States, Chapter 73: Jews Are Silent, the National Voice Is Heard (May, 1922).
- Joseph McCabe, A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.