Author:Gotthilf Heinrich Ernst Muhlenberg
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Mu||Gotthilf Heinrich Ernst Muhlenberg
|American clergyman and botanist; commonly published under the name Henry E. Muhlenberg.|
His father was Henry Melchior Muhlenberg (1711-1787).
- "Index Flora Lancastriensis" in Philosophical Transactions of Philadelphia (1785).
- "Observations on the Genera Juglans, Fraxinus, and Quercus, in the neighborhood of Lancaster in North America." (translated from German to English) in Tracts Relative to Botany translated from Different Languages (1805). 
- Catalogus Plantarum Americæ Septentrionalis: or a Catalogue of the hitherto known Native and Naturalized Plants of North America, arranged according to the sexual system of Linnæus (1813)
- Descriptio uberior graminum et plantarum calamariarum Americæ septentrionalis indigenarum et cicurum (1817). 
- "Correspondence of Dr. Baldwin with Dr. Muhlenberg." in Reliquiæ Baldwinianæ: selections from the correspondence of the late William Baldwin with occasional notes, and a short biographical memoir compiled by William Darlington (1843). 
Works about Muhlenberg
- "Muhlenberg, Gotthilf Heinrich Ernst," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Sketch of Gotthilf Heinrich Ernst Muhlenberg" in Popular Science Monthly, 45 (September 1894)