Author:Henry Francis Cary
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ca||Henry Francis Cary
|English translator and author.|
- The early French poets, a series of notices and translations (1846) 
- Lives of English poets, from Johnson to Kirke White, designed as a continuation of Johnson's lives (1846) 
- The Inferno of Dante Alighieri: Canto I-XVII. (1805), by Dante
- The Inferno of Dante Alighieri: Canto XVIII-XXXIV. (1806), by Dante
- The Vision; or Hell, Purgatory, and Paradise, by Dante (1814) (external scan)
- Aristophanes's The Birds (1824)
- Pindar in English Verse, by Pindar (1833) (external scan)
Works about Cary
- "Cary, Henry Francis," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Cary, Henry Francis," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Cary, Henry Francis," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- Memoir of the Rev. Henry Francis Cary (1847), by Henry Cary, in 2 vols.