Jump to navigation Jump to search
See Portal:Odes of Pindar for odes listed individually.
- The odes of Pindar, with several other pieces translated, trans. Gilbert West (1749)
- Pindar in English Verse, trans. Henry Francis Cary (1833)
- Pindar, trans. C. A. Wheelwright, in Pindar and Anacreon (1846)
- The Odes of Pindar, trans. Dawson W. Turner (1852)
- The Odes of Pindar, trans. F. A. Paley (1868)
- The Extant Odes of Pindar, trans. Ernest Myers (1874)
- Pindar in English Rhyme, trans. Thomas C. Baring (1875)
- The Olympian and Pythian Odes of Pindar, trans. F. D. Morice (1876)
- Pindar: The Olympian and Pythian Odes, Basil L. Gildersleeve (1885)
- Translations from Pindar, trans. Henry D. Thoreau (1906 ed.)
- Pindar, in English verse, trans. Arthur S. Way (1922)
- "Fragments", in The Extant Odes of Pindar, trans. Ernest Myers (1874)
- "Translations from Pindar", trans. Henry D. Thoreau (1906 ed.)
Works about Pindar
- "Biographical Sketch of Pindar", by C. A. Wheelwright, in Pindar and Anacreon, 1846.
- "Pindar", Chapter XV. in History of the Literature of Ancient Greece, to the period of Isocrates, by K. O. Müller, translated by George Cornewall Lewis, 1847.
- “Pindarus 1.”, by William Smith in Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1870.
- Pindar, by F. D. Morice, 1879.
- "Pindar", a paper by Classicist R. C. Jebb, 1882.
- "Pindar", by John Henry Wright, in Masterpieces of Greek Literature (1902)