Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ho||Homer
(9th century BCE – 8th century BCE)
|early Greek poet and rhapsode|
- The Homeric Hymns, translated by Hugh G. Evelyn-White in Hesiod, the Homeric Hymns and Homerica:
- The Homeric Hymns, transl. by Andrew Lang (1899) (external scan)
Works about Homer
- “Homer”, by Wilhelm Ihne in Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1870.
- "Homer," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Homer," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
Essays and scholarly articles
- An Enquiry into the Life and Writings of Homer (1735) by Thomas Blackwell
- An Essay on the Original Genius and Writings of Homer (1775) by Robert Wood
- “On the Homeric Use of the word Ἥρως” (1833) by T. F. E., Philological Museum, 2: 72–92.
- "Homer", by John Henry Wright, in Masterpieces of Greek Literature (1902)
- "Homer and the Epic" (1914) by Charles Burton Gulick in The Harvard Classics; Lectures on The Harvard Classics, Volume 51