Author:John Lothrop Motley
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Morton's Hope, or the Memoirs of a Provincial (1839)
- Merry Mount, a Romance of the Massachusetts Colony (1849)
- The Rise of the Dutch Republic (1856) (1856 ed: 1, 2; 1869 ed: (external scan), 1906 ed: IA 1, IA 2, IA 3)
- History of the United Netherlands (1860 - 1867), in 4 vols.
- The Life and Death of John of Barneveld (1874), in 2 vols.
- G. W. Curtis (Editor): The Correspondence of John Lothrop Motley, Vol. I, 1889 IA
Works about Motley
- "Motley, John Lothrop," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Motley, John Lothrop," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Motley, John Lothrop," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Motley, John Lothrop," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
Letters to Motley
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.