Author:John Lothrop Motley
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Mo||John Lothrop Motley
|American historian and diplomat|
- Morton's Hope, or the Memoirs of a Provincial, 1839
- Merry Mount, a Romance of the Massachusetts Colony, 1849
- (1856) The Rise of the Dutch Republic. (1856 ed: 1, 2; 1869 ed: (external scan), 1906 ed: (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3))
- History of the United Netherlands, 1860 - 1867, 4 vol.
- The Life and Death of John of Barneveld, 1874, 2 vol.
- G. W. Curtis (Editor): The Correspondence of John Lothrop Motley, Vol. I, 1889 Internet Archive
Works about Motley
- "Motley, John Lothrop," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Motley, John Lothrop," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Motley, John Lothrop," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Motley, John Lothrop," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)