Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Endeavour Journal of Sir Joseph Banks. Based on a transcription of the manuscript, held at the NSW State Library; extracted from Gutenberg.net.
- Journal of the Right Hon. Sir Joseph Banks, BART., K.B., P.R.S. during Captain Cook's First Voyage in H.M.S. Endeavour in 1768–71 to Terra del Fuego, Otahite, New Zealand, Australia, the Dutch East Indies, etc. Edited by Joseph D. Hooker (1896). Abridged first publication of the journal.
Works about Banks
- "Banks, Sir Joseph," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Banks, Joseph," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Banks, Sir Joseph, Bart.," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- review of the 1896 edition of the Journal in: The Zoologist, 4th series, vol 1 (1897), issue 670, p. 175–176
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
- 1743 births
- 1820 deaths
- Early modern authors
- Male authors
- British authors
- Botanists as authors
- Archaeologists as authors
- Naturalists as authors
- British Museum
- Presidents of the Royal Society
- Fellows of the Royal Society
- Fellows of the Society of Antiquaries of London
- Fellows of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Botanists with author abbreviations
- English authors
- English explorers as authors