- An Enquiry into the Present State of Polite Learning in Europe (1759)
- The Bee; being essays on the most interesting subjects (1759), eight weekly essays, 6 Oct0ber. to 24 November.
- History of Mecklenburgh (1762)
- The Mystery Revealed, containing a series of transactions and authentic testimonials respecting the supposed Cock Lane Ghost, 1742 (1762)
- The Citizen of the World; or Letters from a Chinese Philosopher residing in London to his Friends in the East (1762), in 2 vols. Internet Archive identifier: citizenworld03goldgoog, Internet Archive identifier: citizenworld00goldgoog
- The Martial Review: or, a General History of the Late Wars (1763) Internet Archive identifier: martialreviewor00goldgoog
- A History of England in a series of Letters from a Nobleman to his Son (1764), in 2 vols. Internet Archive identifier: anhistoryenglan03goldgoog, Internet Archive identifier: anhistoryenglan04goldgoog
- Essays (collected from ‘The Bee,’ &c.) (1765) IA
- The Roman History from the Foundation of the City of Rome to the Destruction of the Roman Empire (1769), in 2 vols. Internet Archive identifier: romanhistoryfro00goldgoog
- The History of England: From the Earliest Times to the Death of George II. (1771), in 4 vols. Internet Archive identifier: historyenglandf01goldgoog, Internet Archive identifier: historyenglandf00goldgoog, Internet Archive identifier: historyenglandf02goldgoog, Internet Archive identifier: historyenglandf03goldgoog
- The Grecian History: From the Earliest State to the Death of Alexander the Great (1774) in 2 vols. Internet Archive identifier: grecianhistoryf01goldgoog
- History of the Earth and Animated Nature (1774), in 8 vols. Template:IA small scan
- A Survey of Experimental Philosophy considered in its Present State of Improvement (1776), in 2 vols.
- Essays and criticisms: by Dr. Goldsmith; with an account of the author (1798), in 3 vols. Internet Archive identifier: essaysandcritic00goldgoog
- The Vicar of Wakefield; a Tale, supposed to be written by himself (1766), in 2 vols. IA 1, IA 2
- The Traveller, or, A Prospect of Society (1765)
- The Deserted Village (1770)
- Threnodia Augustalis (on death of Princess Dowager of Wales) (1772)
- Retaliation, a Poem; including epitaphs on the most distinguished wits of this metropolis (1774)
- The Haunch of Venison, a Poetical Epistle to Lord Clare (1776)
- Elegy on the Death of a Mad Dog
- The Village School Master
- The poetical and dramatic works of Oliver Goldsmith, M.B. now first collected: with an account of the life and writings of the author (1780), in 2 vols.
- The Poems of Oliver Goldsmith (1800) IA
- The Captivity, an Oratorio (1836)
- The Complete Poetical Works of Oliver Goldsmith (1911), edited by Austin Dobson IA
- Life of Richard Nash, of Bath, Esquire (1762) IA
- The Life of Thomas Parnell, compiled from original papers and memoirs (1770)
- Life of Henry St. John, Lord Viscount Bolingbroke (1770)
- Memoirs of a Protestant condemned to the Galleys (1758) by Jean Marteilhe, in 2 vols. Internet Archive identifier: memoirsaprotest00martgoog Vol. 2:?
- Concise History of Philosophy (1766) by Formey
- Comic Romance (1776) by Paul Scarron, in 2 vols.
- The Beauties of English Poesy (1767), in 2 vols. Internet Archive identifier: beautiesenglish00goldgoog, Internet Archive identifier: beautiesenglish02goldgoog
- Poems for Young Ladies: In Three Parts: Devotional, Moral, and Entertaining (1770)
- "The Lost Camel", "The Spectacles". An argosy of fables, 1921.
- The chapters "Alexander Reduces Tyre, Later Founds Alexandria" and "Roman Invasion and Conquest of Britain" from The Great Events by Famous Historians, Vol. 2
Works about Goldsmith
On his works
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse