Author:Richard William Church
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ch||Richard William Church
|English churchman and writer; can be referred to as Dean Church|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "R. W. C."
- St Anselm (1870) (external scan)
- Civilization before and after Christianity: two lectures delivered in St. Paul's Cathedral, at the Tuesday evening services, January 23d & 30th, 1872 (1872)
- On some influences of Christianity upon national character. Three lectures delivered in St. Paul's cathedral, February 4th, 11th, and 18th, 1873 (1873)
- The sacred poetry of early religions: two lectures, delivered in St. Paul's Cathedral, Jan. 27 & Feb. 3, 1874 (1874)
- Of the laws of ecclesiastical polity (1876)
- Dante: an essay (1878) (external scan)
- Spenser (1879) (external scan)
- Temper, Self-discipline: two addresses to the clergy, delivered in St. Paul's Cathedral (1880)
- Bacon (1884) (external scan)
- The discipline of the Christian character (1885)
- The beginning of the middle ages (1887)
- Miscellaneous Essays (1888)
- The Oxford Movement (1891) (external scan)
- Occasional Papers Selected from the Guardian, the Times, and the Saturday Review, 1846-1890 (1897)
Articles in EB
- “Lombards” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1882).
- "Lombards," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
Works about Church
- "Church, Richard William," by Henry Charles Beeching in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Church, Richard William," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Church, Richard William," by Arthur Christopher Benson in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- Richard William Church, by Augustus Blair Donaldson (1905) (external scan)