Author:Richard William Church
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ch||Richard William Church
|English churchman and writer; can be referred to as Dean Church|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "R. W. C."
- Macmillan’s “Men of Letters” series
- Life of St Anselm (1870)
- Spenser (1879)
- Bacon (1884)
- Dante: an essay (1878) (external scan)
- The Oxford Movement (1891) (external scan)
- Occasional Papers Selected from the Guardian, the Times, and the Saturday Review, 1846-1890 (1897)
Articles in EB
- “Lombards” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1882).
- "Lombards," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
Works about Church
- "Church, Richard William," in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Church, Richard William," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Church, Richard William," by Arthur Christopher Benson in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- Richard William Church, by Augustus Blair Donaldson (1905) (external scan)