Author:Vincent Arthur Smith
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Sm||Vincent Arthur Smith
|British Indologist, historian, art historian. His Oxford History of India, covering from the early history of the subcontinent to the year 1911, is a standard text on the subject|
- General index to the reports of the Archaeological Survey of India: Volumes I to XXIII, with a glossary and general table of contents, Simla, Government Central Press, 1887.
- William Henry Sleeman (ed.): Rambles and Recollections of an Indian official, 2 volumes (1892)
- Preface to Purna Chandra Mukherji: A report on a tour of exploration of the antiquities of Kapilavastu Tarai of Nepal during February and March, 1899, Calcutta: Office of the Superintendent of Government Printing, 1901
- Catalogue of the Coins in the Indian Museum Calcutta, in The Cabinet of the Asiatic Society of Bengal: Part 1, Oxford, 1906
- The early history of India from 600 B.C. to the Muhammadan conquest, including the invasion of Alexander the Great (transcription project), 3rd edition, (transcription project)
- A history of fine art in India and Ceylon from the earliest times to the present day, Oxford, 1911; 2nd. rev ed., Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1930
- Akbar, the Great Mogul 1542–1605, Oxford, 1917
- The Oxford history of India: from the earliest times to the end of 1911, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1920
- Asoka, the Buddhist emperor of India, 1st ed. Oxford 1901; 3rd ed., Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1920 (Rulers of India)
- François Bernier (ed.), Travels in the Mogul Empire, AD 1656–1668. Reprint, Delhi: Low Price Publications, 1994. (transcription project)
- The Jain Stûpa and other antiquities of Mathurâ, 2nd ed., Varanasi : Indological Book House, 1969.
Works about Smith