Author:William Dean Howells
|←Author Index: Ho||William Dean Howells
|American realist author and literary critic.|
- Three Villages (1884)
- A Hazard of New Fortunes (1890)
- A Traveler from Altruria (1894)
- “Carl Schurz 1829-1906,” Harper's Weekly (1906)
- Familiar Spanish Travels (1913) eBooks@Adelaide
- Poems (1873)
- Stops of Various Quills (1895), with illustrations by Howard Pyle.
- "The Passengers of a Retarded Submersible" from A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917).
Works about William Dean Howells
- “Howells, William Dean,” by Charles Dudley Warner in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1892)
- "For the Birthday of William Dean Howells", a poem by Florence Earle Coates in honor of Howells' 75th birthday.
- “Howells, William Dean,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Howells, William Dean,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Howells, William Dean,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.