Author:William Dugdale (1605-1686)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:William Dugdale.
|←Author Index: Du||William Dugdale
|English antiquary and herald; as a scholar he was influential in the development of medieval history as an academic subject|
There are no works listed on Wikisource for this author. If you'd like to add a new text, please review Help:Adding texts.
- Monasticon Anglicanum (1655–1673);
- Antiquities of Warwickshire (1656) (external scan)
- History of St Paul's Cathedral (1658)
- The History of Imbanking and Drayning (1662)
- Origines Juridiciales (1666)
- Baronage of England (1675–1676)
- A Short View of the Late Troubles (1681)
- Life, autobiography up to 1678, with his diary and correspondence, and an index to his manuscript collections, was edited by William Hamper, and published in 1827.
Works about Dugdale
- "Dugdale, Sir William," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Dugdale, Sir William," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Dugdale, William," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.