Author:William Hamilton (1788-1856)
|←Author Index: Ha||William Hamilton
|baronet; Scottish philosopher; Chair of Logic and Metaphysics at University of Edinburgh (1836-1856).|
- Discussions on Philosophy and Literature, Education and University Reform (1852) 
- Lectures on Metaphysics and Logic 4 Vols. (1858–60)
- "M. Cousin's Course of Philosophy" in Edinburgh Review Vol. 50 No. 99 (Oct., 1829): pp. 194-221. 
- "James Brucker" in the Encyclopædia Britannica, 9th ed., Vol. IV, 1878.
- Reid, Thomas. The Works of Thomas Reid, D.D. (1846)
- Stewart, Dugald. The Collected Works of Dugald Stewart (1854-1858)
Works about Hamilton
- “Hamilton, William (1788-1856),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Hamilton, Sir William (philosopher),” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Hamilton, Sir William,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Hamilton, Sir William,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Hamilton, Sir William,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- Mill, John Stuart. An Examination of Sir William Hamilton's Philosophy (1865)
- Monck, W. H. S. Sir William Hamilton (1881)
- Stirling, James Hutchison. Sir William Hamilton (1865)
- Veitch, John. Hamilton (1882) Blackwood's Philosophical Classics
- Veitch, John. Memoir of Sir William Hamilton, Bart. (1869)
- Veitch, John. Sir William Hamilton: The Man and His Philosophy (1883)