Author:William John Macquorn Rankine
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ra||William John Macquorn Rankine
|Fellow of the Royal Society, Scottish engineer and physicist. He was a founding contributor to the science of thermodynamics|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. J. M. R."
- Outlines of the Science of Energetics
- "Mechanics," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (Applied (in part))
- "On plane water-lines in two dimensions" Phil. Trans. R. Soc. 31 December 1864 Volume 154 doi:10.1098/rstl.1864.0010
Works about Rankine
- "Rankine, William John Macquorn," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Rankine, William John Macquorn," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.