Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Mc||William McKinley Jr.
|25th President of the United States (1897–1901), with Garret A. Hobart (1897–1899); 39th Governor of Ohio (1892–1896); Union Captain (1861–1865)|
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (6 December 1897)
- Second State of the Union address (5 December 1898)
- Third State of the Union address (5 December 1899)
- Fourth State of the Union address (3 December 1900)
Works about McKinley
- Edward S. Ellis, “Political Giants of the Present Day: William McKinley, the Favorite Champion of a Protective Tariff,” in Great Leaders and National Issues of 1896, 1896.
- Carl Schurz, “The Quadrennial Disgrace,” Harper's Weekly, March 6, 1897, p. 219.
- Carl Schurz, “The President on Economy,” Harper's Weekly, Vol. XLI, No. 2100 (March 20, 1897), p. 283.
- “Mr. McKinley and the Civil Service,” The New York Times, July 30, 1897.
- Joseph P. Smith and James Grant Wilson, “William McKinley” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.