Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ya||William Yarrell
|English zoologist, naturalist and bookseller. |
- A History of British Fishes (1836)
- A History of British Birds (1843)
- Observations on the Tracheae of Birds, with Descriptions and Representations of several not hitherto figured. — Linn. Trans. 1827, 15. 378.
- Description of a species of Tringa, killed in Cambridgeshire, new to England and Europe. — Linn. Trans. 16. 109.
- On the Organs of Voice in Birds. — Linn. Trans. 16. 305.
- On a new species of Wild Swan, taken in England, and hitherto confounded with the Hooper. — Linn. Trans. 16. 445.
- Description of the Organs of Voice in a new species of Wild Swan (Cygnus buccinator, Richards.). — Linn. Trans. 17.
- Descriptions of Three British Species of Freshwater Fishes, belonging to the genus Leuciscus of Klein. — Linn. Trans. 17. 5.
- On the Habits and Structure of the Great Bustard (Otis tarda of Linnaeus). — Linn. Trans. 21. 155.
- Notice of an Interwoven Mass of Filaments of Conferva fluviatilis of extraordinary size. — Proc. Linn. Soc. 1. 65.
- On the Influence of the Sexual Organ in modifying External Character. — Journ. Linn. Soc. 1857, 1. 76-82.
- On the Growth of the Salmon in Freshwater, with six coloured illustrations of the fish of the natural size. Oblong Folio. van Voorst, London, 1839.
Works about Yarrell
- "Yarrell, William," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Yarrell, William," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.