Author talk:John Henry Salter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other "John Henry Salter"s
As far as I can see there are at least two other people/authors with the name John Henry Salter:
- Salter, John Henry (1889). A guide to the River Thames from its source to Putney together with particulars of the rivers Avon, Severn, Wye, Trent, and Ouse, and the principal canals (3rd ed.). Oxford: Alden. OCLC 82940412.(published in many editions: for instance 12th ed. , see: OCLC:799173all editions. 57th (!) ed. 1969 (with J.A. Salter): OCLC:810711490all editions.) See also: The pleasures of a Cruise on the Thames: The Salter Family
- I have not found more info on this John Henry Salter, until now.
- John Henry Salter (1810-1900), poet and ornithologist, buried in Quaker-garden: see . On this page a link is given to "Bird life throughout…" I think this is incorrect.
- I do not have further info on this JH Salter either.
Some additional bibliographical information:
- Salter, c. 1890: OCLC:48115041all editions. In 1952 a supplement was published (with a preface by Lily Newton).
- Salter, c. 1899: announcement in The Zoologist,, 4th series, vol 4, issue 706 (April, 1900), p. 200.
- Salter 1913: OCLC:6420165all editions. Same digital copy in IA: (external scan). 1917: London : Swarthmore Press (see: copy in library University of Oxford. Again reprinted 1924: London : Swarthmore Press OCLC:15717623all editions.