|Awards for participation|
Most of the time I work on Dutch Wikisource as s:nl:Gebruiker:Dick Bos and on the Dutch Wikipedia as: Gebruiker:Dick Bos. Unfortunately, the last few months little time is left for English Wikisource.
2011 to 2015
I started contributing to Wikisource in November 2011.
- My first contribution was in proofreading A page of Manual of the New Zealand Flora (index). In the meantime I've done quite a few pages of this interesting work by T.F. Cheeseman (first edition 1906).
- My next contribution was validating some pages of the community project of dec. 2011: The Story of the Treasure Seekers, a child book by Edith Nesbit, London 1899. Since then I kept contributing to the "Proofread of the Month" (PotM), as you can see in the boxes on the right. Personally I found the Natural History, Mollusca by Philip Henry Gosse (1854) (PotM feb. 2012) very interesting. Virginia Woolf's The Voyage Out (1915) is also high on my list. Interesting was also: Gorky, Maxim (1920) - Reminiscences_of_Leo_Nicolayevitch_Tolstoi.
- Since the end of Feb. 2012 I have been validating some pages of Popular_Science_Monthly, Vol.3 (1873) (index). For more information on the WikiProject "Popular Science Monthly", see: the project page. Linking to articles in PSM from wikipedia: w:Template:WsPSM or w:Template:Cite_wikisource. 2013-11/12: switched to Vol.15.
- 2013-11/12 I also started validating Audubon and His Journals. Finished by Kathleen.
- 2014-11: Soon after the previous text we started with J.J. Audubon (1831) - Ornithological_Biography - Vol. 1 . It was already largely finished. Such a beautiful book (index vol.1). At 2014-12-01 Wilma validated the last page! Let's go for Volume 2 (1834) now! (index vol.2)
- 2013-12: Another new project: The Economic Journal (Vol.1) (index)
- 2014-09: Malthus, T. (1798) - An Essay on the Principle of Population (index); proofread finished 2015-01-19 - in the waiting queue for validation!
- 2014-11: another children book; very good for beginning proofreaders/validators - Wilma and I did two volumes: Ralph of the Roundhouse and Ralph on the Engine. There are still at least two volumes left: (index)
- 2014-11: Darwin, Ch. (1859) - On the Origin of Species - validation project (index); finished 2015-02.
- 2015-11: Wallace, Alfred Russel (1889) - Darwinism; validation project (index)
- 2015-12: Haydon,George Henry (1854) - The Australian Emigrant. Validated by Wilma and me
- About proofreading, and working with DjVu-files etc.
- Templates overview, and some other editing help
- Botanical and ornithological authors
- Other authors
- Interesting projects; take a look here to find some of the interesting projects (finished or in a early stage) that I found on en-wikisource;
- Personal preferences, scripts etc.
- Searching Wikisource-en
- About the relation between Wikisource and Wikidata
Some important pages
- Scriptorium Help
- Everything you always wanted to know about hyphens and dashes (but were afraid to ask, of course!), as written down in the Wikipedia Manual of Style.
- books requiring validation
- about TemplateScript: Wikisource:TemplateScript
- Wilma's user page