Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Awards for participation|
You can find me also on:
- Dutch Wikisource as s:nl:Gebruiker:Dick Bos;
- Dutch Wikipedia as: w:nl:Gebruiker:Dick Bos;
- English Wikipedia as: w:en:User:Dick Bos;
- Wikimedia Commons as: c:User:Dick Bos;
- Wikidata as: d:User:Dick Bos.
See my complete list of accounts on meta.
- Petty, William (1660) - Reflections upon Ireland (transcription project) (2018-02-19).
- Petty, William (1659) - Proceedings between Sankey and Petty (transcription project) (2018-01-15).
- Started working on Selous, Edmund (1901) - Bird Watching (transcription project) (2018-01-09).
- Petty, William (1648) - Double Writing (transcription project).
Apart from contributions to the PotM, I have worked on:
- Petty, William (ed. Larcom, Thomas Aiskew) (1851) - The History of the Survey of Ireland commonly called The Down Survey by Doctor William Petty A.D. 1655-6. (transcription project)
- Bevan, Wilson Lloyd (1894) - Sir William Petty : A Study in English Economic Literature ('Publication of the American Economic Association', vol. IX, no. 4) (transcription project)
- Petty, William (1647) - The Advice to Hartlib (transcription project).
- Mill, John Stuart (1848/1871) - Principles of Political Economy. vol. 1 (transcription project), vol. 2: (transcription project).
- Besant, Annie (1886) - Modern Socialism (transcription project).
- Upload of Fitzmaurice, Lord Edmond (1895) - The Life of Sir William Petty, 1623-1687 (transcription project).
- Started validating Selous, Edmund (1905) - The Bird Watcher in the Shetlands (transcription project).
- 2016-11: started working on Ross, James Clark (1847) - A Voyage of Discovery and Research in the Southern and Antarctic Regions, During the Years 1839-43 (Vol. 1).
- Upload of Petty, William - Economic Writings (1899), vol. 1 (index); started 2016-10-23.
- and Ibid. - vol. 2 (index); 2016-11-10 -> replaced for: new scan and index (of vol. 2)
2011 to 2015
I started contributing to the English Wikisource in November 2011.
- My first contribution was in proofreading A page of Manual of the New Zealand Flora . In the meantime I've done quite a few pages of this interesting work by T.F. Cheeseman (first edition 1906).
- My next contribution was validating some pages of the community project of dec. 2011: The Story of the Treasure Seekers, a child book by Edith Nesbit, London 1899. Since then I kept contributing to the "Proofread of the Month" (PotM), as you can see in the boxes on the right. Personally I found the Natural History, Mollusca by Philip Henry Gosse (1854) (PotM feb. 2012) very interesting. Virginia Woolf's The Voyage Out (1915) is also high on my list. Interesting was also: Gorky, Maxim (1920) - Reminiscences_of_Leo_Nicolayevitch_Tolstoi.
- Since the end of Feb. 2012 I have been validating some pages of Popular_Science_Monthly, Vol.3 (1873) (index). For more information on the WikiProject "Popular Science Monthly", see: the project page. Linking to articles in PSM from wikipedia: w:Template:WsPSM or w:Template:Cite_wikisource. 2013-11/12: switched to Vol.15.
- 2013-11/12 I also started validating Audubon and His Journals. Finished by Kathleen.
- 2014-11: Soon after the previous text we started with J.J. Audubon (1831) - Ornithological_Biography - Vol. 1 . It was already largely finished. Such a beautiful book (index vol.1). At 2014-12-01 Wilma validated the last page! Let's go for Volume 2 (1834) now! (index vol.2)
- 2013-12: Another new project: The Economic Journal (Vol.1) (index)
- 2014-09: Malthus, T. (1798) - An Essay on the Principle of Population (index); proofread finished 2015-01-19 - in the waiting queue for validation!
- 2014-11: another children book; very good for beginning proofreaders/validators - Wilma and I did two volumes: Ralph of the Roundhouse and Ralph on the Engine. There are still at least two volumes left: (index)
- 2014-11: Darwin, Ch. (1859) - On the Origin of Species - validation project (index); finished 2015-02.
- 2015-11: Wallace, Alfred Russel (1889) - Darwinism; validation project (index)
- 2015-12: Haydon,George Henry (1854) - The Australian Emigrant. Validated by Wilma and me
- About proofreading, and working with DjVu-files etc.
- Templates overview, and some other editing help
- Botanical and ornithological authors
- Other authors
- Interesting projects; take a look here to find some of the interesting projects (finished or in a early stage) that I found on en-wikisource;
- Personal preferences, scripts etc.
- Searching Wikisource-en
- About the relation between Wikisource and Wikidata
Some important pages
- Wikisource:Naming conventions - under construction (since 2014)
- Wikisource:For Wikipedians - as the text describes: introduction to Wikisource for Wikipedians. <- interesting to "translate" to nl-ws!
- Scriptorium Help
- Everything you always wanted to know about hyphens and dashes (but were afraid to ask, of course!), as written down in the Wikipedia Manual of Style.
- books requiring validation
- about TemplateScript: Wikisource:TemplateScript
- Wilma's user page
- about purging: w:en:Wikipedia:Purging ->
- Wikisource:Authority control
Older "Proofread of the Month"-awards