Jump to navigation Jump to search
Contributions of User:Dick Bos to (English) Wikisource
- Gourmont, Remy de (transl. Huxley, Aldous) (1921) - A Virgin Heart (transcription project) (uploaded by User:Hrishikes to ws)
- Salter, John Henry (1913) - Bird Life Throughout the Year (transcription project) (2019-06-23; also an (extended) part of the "Zoologist project")
- Author:William George Clarke (1877-1925) (2019-02-09; part of the "Zoologist project")
- many other additions to the "Zoologist project"
- Author:Charles Oldham (2018-11-21; part of the "Zoologist project")
- Author:William Lucas Distant (2018-11-14; part of the "Zoologistproject")
- Distant, W.L. (ed.) (1900) - The Zoologist, 4th series, vol 4 (1900) (transcription project) (2018-11-13; part of "Zoologist-project")
- The Zoologist, 4th series, vol 3 (1899) (transcription project) (2018-09-25) - start of the "Zoologist project"
- Selous, Edmund (1899) - 'An Observational Diary of the Habits of Nightjars (Caprimulgus europæus), Mostly of a Sitting Pair. Notes Taken at Time and on Spot.' In: The Zoologist, 4th series, vol. 3, issue 699 (September, 1899, p. 388-402) and issue 701 (November, 1899, p. 486-505; part of "Zoologist-project").
- and other articles; see "Zoologist-project"
- Petty, William (1660) - Reflections upon Ireland (transcription project) (2018-02-19).
- Petty, William (1659) - Proceedings between Sankey and Petty (transcription project) (2018-01-15).
- Started working on Selous, Edmund (1901) - Bird Watching (transcription project) (2018-01-09).
- Petty, William (1648) - Double Writing (transcription project).
- Hull, Charles Henry (1900) - 'Petty's Place in the History of Economic Theory' (transcription project) (started by WeeJeeVee 2017-12-31)
Apart from contributions to the PotM, I have worked on:
- Petty, William (ed. Larcom, Thomas Aiskew) (1851) - The History of the Survey of Ireland commonly called The Down Survey by Doctor William Petty A.D. 1655-6. (transcription project)
- Bevan, Wilson Lloyd (1894) - Sir William Petty : A Study in English Economic Literature ('Publication of the American Economic Association', vol. IX, no. 4) (transcription project)
- Petty, William (1647) - The Advice to Hartlib (transcription project).
- Mill, John Stuart (1848/1871) - Principles of Political Economy. vol. 1 (transcription project), vol. 2: (transcription project).
- Besant, Annie (1886) - Modern Socialism (transcription project).
- Upload of Fitzmaurice, Lord Edmond (1895) - The Life of Sir William Petty, 1623-1687 (transcription project).
- Started validating Selous, Edmund (1905) - The Bird Watcher in the Shetlands (transcription project).
- 2016-11: started working on Ross, James Clark (1847) - A Voyage of Discovery and Research in the Southern and Antarctic Regions, During the Years 1839-43 (Vol. 1).
- Upload of Petty, William - Economic Writings (1899), vol. 1 (index); started 2016-10-23.
- and Ibid. - vol. 2 (index); 2016-11-10 -> replaced for: new scan and index (of vol. 2)
- Author:Charles Henry Hull (2016-11-10)
2011 to 2015
I started contributing to the English Wikisource in November 2011.
- My first contribution was in proofreading A page of Manual of the New Zealand Flora . In the meantime I've done quite a few pages of this interesting work by T.F. Cheeseman (first edition 1906).
- My next contribution was validating some pages of the community project of dec. 2011: The Story of the Treasure Seekers, a child book by Edith Nesbit, London 1899. Since then I kept contributing to the "Proofread of the Month" (PotM), as you can see in the boxes on the right. Personally I found the Natural History, Mollusca by Philip Henry Gosse (1854) (PotM feb. 2012) very interesting. Virginia Woolf's The Voyage Out (1915) is also high on my list. Interesting was also: Gorky, Maxim (1920) - Reminiscences_of_Leo_Nicolayevitch_Tolstoi.
- Since the end of Feb. 2012 I have been validating some pages of Popular_Science_Monthly, Vol.3 (1873) (index). For more information on the WikiProject "Popular Science Monthly", see: the project page. Linking to articles in PSM from wikipedia: w:Template:WsPSM or w:Template:Cite_wikisource. 2013-11/12: switched to Vol.15.
- 2013-11/12 I also started validating Audubon and His Journals. Finished by Kathleen.
- 2014-11: Soon after the previous text we started with J.J. Audubon (1831) - Ornithological_Biography - Vol. 1 . It was already largely finished. Such a beautiful book (index vol.1). At 2014-12-01 Wilma validated the last page! Let's go for Volume 2 (1834) now! (index vol.2)
- 2013-12: Another new project: The Economic Journal (Vol.1) (index)
- 2014-09: Malthus, T. (1798) - An Essay on the Principle of Population (index); proofread finished 2015-01-19 - in the waiting queue for validation!
- 2014-11: another children book; very good for beginning proofreaders/validators - Wilma and I did two volumes: Ralph of the Roundhouse and Ralph on the Engine. There are still at least two volumes left: (index)
- 2014-11: Darwin, Ch. (1859) - On the Origin of Species - validation project (index); finished 2015-02.
- 2015-11: Wallace, Alfred Russel (1889) - Darwinism; validation project (index)
- 2015-12: Haydon,George Henry (1854) - The Australian Emigrant. Validated by Wilma and me