Author:John William Mackail
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ma||John William Mackail
|O.M.; Scottish man of letters and socialist, best remembered as a Virgil scholar; poet; literary historian and biographer|
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. W. M."
- The Life of William Morris (1899) (transcription project)
- Eclogues by (1889)
- The Eclogues and Georgics of Virgil
Works about Mackail
- "Mackail, John William," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Mackail, John William, LL.D., etc.," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Funeral of Dr. J. W. Mackail," in The Times (1945)