Culture generally refers to creative human activity, including such broad and wide fields as art, entertainment, social structure, and religion. Different definitions of culture reflect different theories for understanding, or criteria for valuing, human activity. The word comes from the Latin root colere, (to inhabit, to cultivate, or to honor).
This category has the following 30 subcategories, out of 30 total.
- ► 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica articles about culture (6 C, 16 P)
- ► Indigenous peoples (4 C, 30 P)
- ► Language (11 C, 59 P)
- ► Oral tradition (1 P)
- ► Scouting (22 P)
- ► Vegetarianism (4 P)
Pages in category "Culture"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Popular Science Monthly/Volume 54/December 1898/The Racial Geography of Europe: Supplement - The Jews XVI
- Popular Science Monthly/Volume 54/January 1899/The Racial Geography of Europe: Supplement - The Jews XVII
- Popular Science Monthly/Volume 71/November 1907/Recent Views as to the Origin of the Greek Temple
- Popular Science Monthly/Volume 83/August 1913/The Relation of Culture to Environment from the Standpoint of Invention