Executive Order 12106
Executive Order 12106 of December 28, 1978
Transfer of Certain Equal Employment Enforcement Functions
By the authority vested in me as President of the United States of America by Section 9 of Reorganization Plan No. 1 of 1978 (43 FR 19807), in order to effectuate the transfer of certain functions relating to the enforcement of equal employment programs, and in order to make certain technical amendments in other Orders to reflect this transfer of functions, it is hereby ordered as follows:
- 1 - 101. The transfer to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission of certain functions of the Civil Service Commission, relating to enforcement of equal employment opportunity programs as provided by Sections 1, 2, 3 and 4 of Reorganization Plan No. 1 of 1978 (43 FR 19807), shall be effective on January 1, 1979.
- 1 - 102. Executive Order No. 11478, as amended, is further amended by deleting the preamble, by substituting “national origin, handicap, or age” for “or national origin” in the first sentence of Section 1, and revising Sections 3, 4, and 5 to read as follows:
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission shall be responsible for directing and furthering the implementation of the policy of the Government of the United States to provide equal opportunity in Federal employment for all employees or applicants for employment (except with regard to aliens employed outside the limits of the United States) and to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or age.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, after consultation with all affected departments and agencies, shall issue such rules, regulations, orders, and instructions and request such information from the affected departments and agencies as it deems necessary and appropriate to carry out this Order.
All departments and agencies shall cooperate with and assist the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in the performance of its functions under this Order and shall furnish the Commission such reports and information as it may request. The head of each department or agency shall comply with rules, regulations, orders and instructions issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission pursuant to Section 4 of this Order.”.
- 1 - 103. Executive Order No. 11022, as amended, is further amended by revising Section 1(b) to read as follows:
|“(b)||The Council shall be composed of the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare, who shall be Chairman, the Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of Agriculture, the Secretary of Commerce, the Secretary of Labor, the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, the Secretary of Transportation, the Administrator of Veterans Affairs, the Director of the Office of Personnel Management, the Director of the Community Services Administration, and the Chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.”.|
- 1 - 104. Executive Order No. 11480 of September 9, 1969, is amended by deleting “and the Chairman of the United States Civil Service Commission” in Section 4 and substituting therefor “Director of the Office of Personnel Management, and the Chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission”.
- 1 - 105. Executive Order No. 11830 of January 9, 1975, is amended by deleting Section 2 and revising Section 1 to read as follows:
- “In accord with Section 501 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 791) and Section 4 of Reorganization Plan No. 1 of 1978 (43 FR 19808), the Interagency Committee on Handicapped Employees is enlarged and composed of the following, or their designees whose positions are Executive level IV or higher:
|(1)||Secretary of Defense.|
|(2)||Secretary of Labor.|
|(3)||Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare, Co-Chairman.|
|(4)||Director of the Office of Personnel Management.|
|(5)||Administrator of Veterans Affairs.|
|(6)||Administrator of General Services.|
|(7)||Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission.|
|(8)||Chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Co-Chairman.|
|(9)||Such other members as the President may designate.”.|
- 1 - 106. This Order shall be effective on January 1, 1979.
- Executive Order 11022, May 14, 1962;
- Executive Order 11478, August 8, 1969;
- Executive Order 11480, September 9, 1969;
- Executive Order 11830, January 9, 1975
- Amended by:
- Executive Order 12379, August 17, 1982
- See Related:
- Executive Order 12704, February 26, 1990