Executive Order 13525
Executive Order 13525 of December 23, 2009
Adjustments of Certain Rates of Pay
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the laws cited herein, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Statutory Pay Systems.
- The rates of basic pay or salaries of the statutory pay systems (as defined in 5 U.S.C. 5302(1)), as adjusted under 5 U.S.C. 5303 and section 744 of Division C of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2010 (Public Law 111-117, December 16, 2009), are set forth on the schedules attached hereto and made a part hereof:
- (a) The General Schedule (5 U.S.C. 5332(a)) at Schedule 1;
- (b) The Foreign Service Schedule (22 U.S.C. 3963) at Schedule 2; and
- (c) The schedules for the Veterans Health Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs (38 U.S.C. 7306, 7404; section 301 (a) of Public Law 102-40) at Schedule 3.
Sec. 2. Senior Executive Service.
- The ranges of rates of basic pay for senior executives in the Senior Executive Service, as established pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 5382, are set forth on Schedule 4 attached hereto and made a part hereof.
Sec. 3. Certain Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Salaries.
- The rates of basic pay or salaries for the following offices and positions are set forth on the schedules attached hereto and made a part hereof:
- (a) The Executive Schedule (5 U.S.C. 5312–5318) at Schedule 5;
- (b) The Vice President (3 U.S.C. 104) and the Congress (2 U.S.C. 31) at Schedule 6; and
- (c) Justices and judges (28 U.S.C. 5, 44(d), 135, 252, and 461(a), and section 140 of Public Law 97-92) at Schedule 7.
Sec. 4. Uniformed Services.
- The rates of monthly basic pay (37 U.S.C. 203(a)) for members of the uniformed services, as adjusted under 37 U.S.C. 1009, and section 601 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 (Public Law 111-84, October 28, 2009), and the rate of monthly cadet or midshipman pay (37 U.S.C. 203(c)) are set forth on Schedule 8 attached hereto and made a part hereof.
Sec. 5. Locality-Based Comparability Payments.
- (b) The Director of the Office of Personnel Management shall take such actions as may be necessary to implement these payments and to publish appropriate notice of such payments in the Federal Register.
Sec. 6. Administrative Law Judges.
- The rates of basic pay for administrative law judges, as adjusted under 5 U.S.C. 5372(b)(4), are set forth on Schedule 10 attached hereto and made a part hereof.
Sec. 7. Effective Dates.
- Schedule 8 is effective January 1, 2010. The other schedules contained herein are effective on the first day of the first applicable pay period beginning on or after January 1, 2010.
Sec. 8. Prior Order Superseded.
- Executive Order 13483 of December 18, 2008, is superseded.
Billing code 3195–W0–P
& Billing code 6325–01–C
- Executive Order 13483, December 18, 2008
- See Related:
- Superseded by:
- Executive Order 13561, December 22, 2010