Executive Order 289
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section VIII of Schedule A of the civil service rules is hereby amended by adding the following named positions:
- Chief justice and judges of supreme and circuit courts.
- Clerks of the supreme and circuit courts.
- Marshals of the supreme and circuit courts.
- Municipal judges.
- Occasional officers of courts, such as referees, trustees, commissioners, and guardians ad litem.
- Notaries public.
- Mayors of municipalities.
- Municipal secretaries.
- Assessors of taxes.
- One private secretary to governor of Canal Zone.
- Warden and keeper of penitentiary at Gorgona.
- One chief of police.
- Captains of police.
- Corporals and privates of police force.
- All employees in mechanical trades or other skilled manual occupations who are appointed locally upon the Isthmus of Panama, and whose compensation is $4 per diem or less, or $100 per month or less while actually employed.
- January 5, 1905.