Executive Order 9615
By virtue of and pursuant to the authority vested in me by section 12 of the Act of July 2, 1926, 44 Stat. 789, it is hereby ordered as follows:
- The time limitations imposed by the first sentence of paragraph 8 of Executive Order No. 4601 of March 1, 1927, prescribing rules and regulations pertaining to the award of the Distinguished Flying Cross, shall not apply to any case in which (1) the act or achievement justifying the award is performed during the period commencing December 7, 1941, and ending with the date of the termination of hostilities in the present war, and (2) the recommendation of an award for such act or achievement is initiated within six months after the latter date. The term ‘‘date of the termination of hostilities in the present war’’ means the date proclaimed by the President as the date of such termination.
The White House,
September 14, 1945.
- Executive Order 4601, March 1, 1927
- Superseded by:
- Executive Order 10189, December 6, 1950
- See Related:
- Executive Order 4576, January 28, 1927;
- Executive Order 7786, January 8, 1938;
- Executive Order 7962, August 22, 1938;
- Transfer Order 40 of the Secretary of Defense dated July 22, 1949 (14 FR 4908)
- Executive Order 13286, February 28, 2003