Executive Order No. 198 of the Chairman of the Philippine Executive Commission
OFFICE OF THE CHAIRMAN OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMISSION
BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 198
PROVIDING FOR THE SUBMISSION OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES TO THE FILIPINO PEOPLE FOR RATIFICATION OR REJECTION.
Pursuant to the authority conferred upon me as Head of the Central Administrative Organization by Order No. 1 in connection with Order No. 3 of the Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Forces in the Philippines, and upon the recommendation of the Executive Commission, it is hereby ordered that—
- SECTION 1. The Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines, approved by the Preparatory Commission for Philippine Independence on September 4, 1943, is hereby submitted to the people of the Philippines for ratification or rejection through a General Assembly of Members of the "KAPISANAN SA PAGLILINGKOD SA BAGONG PILIPINAS" especially called for the purpose, in the manner prescribed by Administrative Order No. 1 of the President of the Association.
- SEC. 2. The General Assembly provided for under the preceding section shall meet on September 6, 1943, at 10 a. m., in the Session Hall of the Legislative Building, Manila. Two-thirds of all the members shall constitute a quorum to do business, but a smaller number may meet, adjourn from day to day, and compel the attendance of absent members.
- SEC. 3. Immediately upon its organization, the General Assembly shall proceed to vote on the Constitution and shall not adjourn until it shall have ratified or rejected the same. A vote of two-thirds of all the members shall be necessary for ratification or rejection.
- SEC. 4. The Constitution shall be published in the Official Gazette in English and in Tagalog before September 6, 1943, and a copy thereof shall be posted in a conspicuous place in the provincial, city, municipal and municipal districts government office buildings and shall remain posted therein continuously until September 6, 1943. At least one copy of the Constitution shall be kept at the office of each provincial, city or municipal chapter of the "KAPISANAN SA PAGLILINGKOD SA BAGONG PILIINAS."
- SEC. 5. The Order shall take effect upon its approval by the Highest Commander of the Imperial Japanese Army in the Philippines.
Done in the City of Manila, Philippines, this 4th day of September, 1943.
Chairman of the Executive Commission
APPROVED by the Highest Commander of the Imperial Japanese Army in the Philippines, on September 4, 1943.
Source: Official Gazette. Manila, Philippines. Vol. 2. Bureau of Printing. 1943. p. 826.
Public domainPublic domainfalse