L. S. NO. 2 TO GAZETTE EXT. NO. 10/2004
L.N. 130 of 2004
26. Duty to notify the Director of material change in circumstances
If, since a port facility security plan of a designated port facility has been approved, there has been any material change in the circumstances that may affect the security of the port facility or the implementation of the port facility security plan, the port facility security officer of the port facility shall, without undue delay—
- (a) report the details of the change to the Director;
- (b) cause the port facility security plan to be revised to take into account the change; and
- (c) submit the revised port facility security plan to the Director for approval.
27. Withdrawal of approval of port facility security plans
(1) If the Director has reason to believe that—
- (a) a material change referred to in rule 26 has occurred in respect of a designated port facility; and
- (b) the requirements specified in that rule are not complied with in relation to the port facility,
the Director may, by a notice in writing to the management of the port facility, withdraw his approval of the port facility security plan of the port facility.
(2) The Director shall give reasons for withdrawing his approval.
28. Designated port facilities to comply with requirements of security levels
(1) Where a security level is set by the Director, the management of a designated port facility shall ensure that the port facility, without undue delay—
- (a) complies with the requirements specified in section 14 of part A of the Code in respect of the security level; and
- (b) implements the preventive and protective measures specified in its port facility security plan in respect of the security level.
(2) The management of a designated port facility who, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with subrule (1) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 5.