L. S. NO. 2 TO GAZETTE EXT. NO. 10/2004
L.N. 130 of 2004
29. Designated port facilities to complete and keep Declarations of Security
(1) If a designated port facility is requested under section 5 of part A of the Code by the Director to complete a Declaration of Security, the port facility security officer of the port facility shall, without undue delay, complete the Declaration of Security in the manner specified in that section.
(2) After completing a Declaration of Security in respect of a designated port facility, the port facility security officer of the port facility shall keep the Declaration of Security for a period of not less than 1 year.
30. Rectification of non-compliance
(1) If the Director has reason to believe that any requirement of the port facility security plan of a designated port facility is not complied with, he may direct the management of the port facility to rectify the condition of noncompliance within such period as he specifies.
(2) The management of a designated port facility who, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with any direction made under subrule (1) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 5.
(1) If the company of a ship is aggrieved by a decision of the Director made in respect of the ship under any of the following provisions, it may appeal to a court of survey in accordance with the Merchant Shipping (Court of Survey) Regulations (Cap. 369 sub. leg. A)—
- (a) rule 14 (refusing to issue or endorse a security certificate);
- (b) rule 16 (refusing to issue an interim certificate);
- (c) rule 17(1) (cancelling a security certificate);
- (d) rule 17(2) (cancelling an interim certificate).
(2) If the management of a designated port facility is aggrieved by a decision of the Director made in respect of the port facility under rule 27, the management may appeal to the Administrative Appeals Board against the decision.
(3) An appeal referred to in subrule (1) or (2) may only be made within 14 days after—
- (a) the applicant has received a notice referred to in rule 14(3);
- (b) the applicant has received a notice referred to in rule 16(3);