Page:United States Statutes at Large Volume 37 Part 1.djvu/88

From Wikisource
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page needs to be proofread.


. SIXTY·SECOND CONGRESS. Sess. II. Cue. 38-40. 1912. 65 "Sec. 171. Whoever within the United States or any place subject w§*•*g*gé *¤¤v°{_*,*¤g· to thekfiurisdiction thereof shall make, or cause or procure to be made, e•eZZ¤im¤rri*m liudeii or sh bring therein from any foreign country, or shall have in pos- S°“°°“°"°'°*‘“°°'“‘· session with intent to sell, give away, or in any other manner use the same, any business or professional card, notice, placard, token, device, print, or impression, or any other thing whatsoever, in the_ likeness or similitude as to design, co or, or the inscription thereon of any of the coins of the United States or of any foreign country that have been or hereafter may be issued as monegg, either under t 16 authority of the United States or under the au ority of any foreign Government, *’“¤*=*¤¤¤¤¤*<>*- shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars. But nothing in mQ}£“gtg’;m;*;¤hP¤t;- this -section shall be construed to forbid ogdprevent the printing and ° ' publishing of illustrations of coins and m als or the making of the necessary plates for the same to be used in illustrating numismatic school and historical books and journals and school arithmetics and the cir- mesa; "m’m°"°° culars of legitimate publishers and dealers in the same." Approved, February 15, 1912. CHAP. 39.-An Act To restore the name of Oregon Avenue, in the District of r [$. 1uz Columbia, and for other purposes. - Be it enacted by the Senate and House o Re esentatbves 0 the United 1,,,,,,,., ,m,,},,,,,,,,,_ States of America in Oemgress assembled: Thiit the naméf of Or n A§;'g:tgtQr;g8¤¤ Avenue be restored to the street lying between New Hampggiiie ' Avenue and Eighteenth Street northwest, in the District of Columbia, and said avenue shall be extended so as to include Cedar Place, and shall hereafter be known and designated as Oregon Avenue: Pro- gggfgga Annu mkled, That the name of the highway leadingkfrom North Capitol designated. Street to Rock Creek Park, now known as egon Avenue, shall hereafter be known and designated as Concord Avenue. Approved, February 15, 1912. CHAP. 40.-An Act To amend an Act Qpproved February twenty-fourtb, nine- F°{°§j`§T1}z§gu’ _ teen hundred and eleven, authorizing J. W. ance and others to construct and maui- ———--——-———-— tain a dam and tunnel on the Big Bend of the James River, in Stone County, Misoun, [P“l’"°· N°· 85-] to create electric power. Bc it enacted by the Senate and House qhgfepreaentatives of the United J m States of America in Congress assembled at section one of the Act of v‘°;°° Ml"` H9 Congress entitled An Act, to authorize J. W. Vance and others to con- .,m§..i.e, ’ p` ' struct a dam across the James River in Stone County, Missouri, and to divert a Iportion of its waters throuvh a tunnel into the river again, to create e ectric power approved February twenty-fourth nineteen hundred and eleven, is hereby amended so as to read as follows: ~ "That J. W. Vance, L. L. Allen, C. F. Helwig,.aud H. V. Worley, d_I£¢::¢g;;¤;¤é“83d‘f' of Pierce City Missouri; L, B. Dui-nill (styled A. B. Durnill m the in sms c¤¤my,ua former Act) H. Kemp, S' Solomon J. J. Davis, S. A. (,»`hsB>pell, and W. M. Went, of Monett,l§lissouri; M. L. Colemsm, M. T. avis, J._W. Jarrett (a son of the late J. H. Jarrett, deceased), of Aurora, Missouri; and William H. Standish, formerly of Aurora, Missouri, now of Reeds Spring, Stone County, Missouri; L. S. Meyer, Fi S. Heifeman, Robert A. Moore, William H. Johnson, J. P. McCammon, M, W. Colbaugh, and W. H. Schreiber, of Springfield, Greene County Mixouri, their heirs and assigns, be, and they are hereby authorized to construct, maintain, and operate a dam on the Big l3end of the James River at or near section. ten or fourteen in township twenty- three north, range twenty-four west, in the county of Stone and State of across the said J amos River. and to impound thereat such