- A book of the Christian and Hebrew Bibles; for versions, see Ruth (Bible).
- Biblical commentary and analysis
- “Ruth, Book of” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Ruth, Book of,” in Easton's Bible Dictionary (1897)
- “Ruth,” in Easton's Bible Dictionary (1897)
- “Ruth, Book of,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Book of Ruth,” by Francis Gigot in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- “Ruth,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Ruth, Book of,” by George Ricker Berry in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Ruth,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co.
- Ruth, a novel by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Ruth, a poem by Thomas Hood
- Ruth, a poem by John Bunyan
- Ruth, a poem by William Wordsworth