Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "Sappho" (1890), a poem by Florence Earle Coates ("As a wan weaver in an attic dim,")
- "Sappho" (1822), a poem by Letitia Elizabeth Landon from Poetic Sketches ("She leant upon her harp, and thousands looked")
- "Sappho" (1825), a poem by Letitia Elizabeth Landon from Ideal Likenesses ("Dark, passionate, though beautiful, the eye").
- "Sappho" (1846), a poem by Christina Rossetti. ("I sigh at day-dawn, and I sigh")
- "Sappho" (1911), a poem by Sara Teasdale published in Helen of Troy and Other Poems. ("The twilight's inner flame grows blue and deep,")
- "Sappho" (1915), a poem by Sara Teasdale published in Rivers to the Sea. ("Midnight, and in the darkness not a sound,")
- Sappho (1818), a play by Franz Grillparzer
- Sappho, a Dramatic Sketch (1824) by Catherine Grace Garnett Godwin.
- Sappho, A Tragedy in Five Acts, by Estelle Lewis.
- “Sappho”, by Philip Smith in Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1870.
- "Sappho," in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- "Sappho," by John Arthur Platt in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Sappho," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Sappho," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)