Author:William Hamilton (1788-1856)
|←Author Index: Ha||William Hamilton
|Sir William Hamilton, Bart. was a Scottish philosopher. Chair of Logic and Metaphysics at University of Edinburgh (1836-1856).|
- Discussions on Philosophy and Literature, Education and University Reform (1852) 
- Lectures on Metaphysics and Logic 4 Vols. (1858–60)
- "M. Cousin's Course of Philosophy" in Edinburgh Review Vol. 50 No. 99 (Oct., 1829): pp. 194-221. 
- “Brucker, James” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1878.
- Reid, Thomas. The Works of Thomas Reid, D.D. (1846)
- Stewart, Dugald. The Collected Works of Dugald Stewart (1854-1858)
Works about Hamilton
- “Hamilton, William (1788-1856),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- “Hamilton, Sir William (philosopher)” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Hamilton, Sir William,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Hamilton, Sir William,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Hamilton, Sir William” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- Mill, John Stuart. An Examination of Sir William Hamilton's Philosophy (1865)
- Monck, W. H. S. Sir William Hamilton (1881)
- Stirling, James Hutchison. Sir William Hamilton (1865)
- Veitch, John. Hamilton (1882) Blackwood's Philosophical Classics
- Veitch, John. Memoir of Sir William Hamilton, Bart. (1869)
- Veitch, John. Sir William Hamilton: The Man and His Philosophy (1883)
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|