Author:Arthur Twining Hadley
|←Author Index: Ha||Arthur Twining Hadley
economist; president of Yale University
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. T. H."
- Economics: An Account of the Relations between Private Property and Public Welfare (New York: G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 1897)
- Railroad Transportation, its History and Laws (1885)
- The Education of the American Citizen (1901)
- The Relations between Freedom and Responsibility in the Evolution of Democratic Government (1903, in Yale Lectures on the Responsibilities of Citizenship)
- Baccalaureate Addresses (1907)
- Standards of Public Morality (1907)
- “Railways”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- "The Difficulties of Railroad Regulation", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 29, May 1886
Works about Hadley
- “Hadley, James,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1892)
- “Hadley, Arthur Twining,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Hadley, Arthur Twining”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Hadley, Arthur Twining,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Hadley, Arthur Twining,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.