Author:Chester Alan Arthur
|←Author Index: Ar||Chester Alan Arthur
|James Garfield; succeeded by Grover Cleveland. 20th Vice President (1881), with Garfield, succeeding William A. Wheeler; succeeded by Thomas A. Hendricks. New York militia Brigadier General (Civil War).21st President of the United States (1881 – 1885), succeeding|
State of the Union Addresses
- First State of the Union address (6 December 1881)
- Second State of the Union address (4 December 1882)
- Third State of the Union address (4 December 1883)
- Fourth State of the Union address (1 December 1884)
Works about Chester A. Arthur
- “Arthur, Chester Alan” by Alexander Johnston in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1888.
- William E. Chandler, “Arthur, Chester Alan,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Arthur, Chester Alan,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- William E. Chandler, “Chester A. Arthur” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.