(Redirected from Author:Friedrich Max Müller)
|←Author Index: Mu||Friedrich Max Müller
|German philologist and Orientalist, more regularly known as Max Müller, one of the founders of the western academic field of Indian studies|
- The Sacred Books of the East
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "A Curious Question of Horses' Ribs", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 7, June 1875
- "On the Migrations of Races", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 16, January 1880
- "Comments on the Sacrifice of Education", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 34, February 1889 (with Edward A. Freeman and Frederic Harrison)
Works about Müller
- “Müller, Friedrich Max” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “On Professor Max Müller” in The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda, v. 4, ch. “Writings: Prose” (written for the Brahmâvadin, from London, June 6, 1896)
- “Max Müller, Friedrich” by A. A. Macdonell in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901
- “Müller, Friedrich Max,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Max Müller, Friedrich” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Max-Muller, Friedrich” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Max Müller, Friedrich” by Richard Garnett in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Müller, Friedrich Maximilian,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Müller, Friedrich Max” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Müller, Friedrich Max,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
- “Max Müller, Friedrich,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.