Author:Roderick Impey Murchison
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Mu||Roderick Impey Murchison
|Scottish geologist who invented the Silurian system|
- Geology of Cheltenham (1834)
- The Silurian System (1839)
- On the Geological Structure of the Northern and Central Regions of Russia in Europe (1841)
- Geology of Russia in Europe and the Ural Mountains (1845)
Works about Murchison
- “Murchison, Roderick Impey,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Sir Roderick Impey Murchison". The Athenaeum (No. 2296): 563–564. 28 October 1871.