History is the study and analysis of accounts of past events, or the interpretation of physical materials in relation to written accounts. Only a small range of historical "facts" can actually be verified. Most researchers who study historic accounts, historians, are aware that our present perspective colors our interpretation of past events. Therefore, a number of opinions and interpretations of historic events can be presented, and may be of equal value. However, opinions and analysis based on primary sources—documents produced during or shortly after. the period in question—are usually considered the most valuable.
Note: a number of categories have been grouped. Nearly all of them can be listed here by pressing the plus sign in brackets before the names of the larger groups.
This category has the following 31 subcategories, out of 31 total.
- Periodicals, History (4 C, 17 P)
- Biographies (16 C, 182 P)
- Exploration (7 C, 38 P)
- Genealogy (3 C, 5 P)
- International Day of Peace (empty)
- Local history (9 P)
- Maya civilization (1 C, 5 P)
- Naval history (1 C)
- Ottoman Empire (25 P)
- State papers (6 C, 2 P)
- The Charles Henry Gauss Family Papers (1 C, 46 P)
Pages in category "History"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total.
- Haiti: Her History and Her Detractors
- Index:Survey of London by John Stow.djvu
- Index:The political value of history.djvu
- The History of England from the Accession of James II
- The History of Freedom and Other Essays/Chapter 2
- The history of John Gregg, and his family, of robbers and murderers
- How It Feels to Be Forcibly Fed
- Report of the Fact-Finding Mission to Lebanon inquiring into the causes, circumstances and consequences of the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri
- Once a Week (magazine)/Series 1/Volume 5/Representative men: Political agitators - Rienzi, Cade, Lafayette, O'Connell, Mazzini, John Bright
- Review of A Political History of Slavery
- The Revolutionary (Manifesto of H.R.A.)
- The Rise of the Dutch Republic
- Seventeen lectures on the study of medieval and modern history and kindred subjects
- Seventeen lectures on the study of medieval and modern history and kindred subjects/Methods of Historical Study
- Seventeen lectures on the study of medieval and modern history and kindred subjects/On the Present State and Prospects of Historical Study (1)
- Seventeen lectures on the study of medieval and modern history and kindred subjects/On the Present State and Prospects of Historical Study (2)
- Seventeen lectures on the study of medieval and modern history and kindred subjects/On the Purposes and Methods of Historical Study
- Short account of Bonaparte's cruel conduct in Syria
- The Socialist Movement
- Some Introductory Historical Observations (Czechia)
- The Story of the Nations
- Translation:Tales of the New Era
- The Fifteen Decisive Battles of the World
- The Great Events by Famous Historians/Volume 1
- The Great Events by Famous Historians/Volume 2
- The Harvard Classics Vol. 51/History I.
- The Harvard Classics Vol. 51/History II.
- The Harvard Classics Vol. 51/History IV.
- The Harvard Classics Vol. 51/History V.
- The History of Freedom and Other Essays/Chapter 1
- The History of Freedom and Other Essays/Chapter 8
- The Nature, Character, and History of the Anti-slavery Movement
- The Paradise
- The Paradise/Volume 1
- The Paradise/Volume 2
- Thoughts on Government
- A Thousand-Mile Walk To The Gulf
- To the ministers and elders met at Edinburgh, April 26, 1710
Media in category "History"
This category contains only the following file.
- Letter to the Sub Inspector of Police Roma Street.pdf 1,364 × 2,177; 98 KB