History is the study and analysis of accounts of past events, or the interpretation of physical materials in relation to written accounts. Only a small range of historical "facts" can actually be verified. Most researchers who study historic accounts, historians, are aware that our present perspective colors our interpretation of past events. Therefore, a number of opinions and interpretations of historic events can be presented, and may be of equal value. However, opinions and analysis based on primary sources—documents produced during or shortly after. the period in question—are usually considered the most valuable.
Note: a number of categories have been grouped. Nearly all of them can be listed here by pressing the plus sign in brackets before the names of the larger groups.
This category has the following 25 subcategories, out of 25 total.
- ► Periodicals, History (1 C, 6 P)
- ► Biographies (15 C, 103 P)
- ► Chronicles (6 P)
- ► Exploration (3 C, 31 P)
- ► Genealogy (2 C, 3 P)
- ► International Day of Peace (empty)
- ► Local history (8 P)
- ► Maya civilization (4 P)
- ► Ottoman Empire (10 P)
- ► State papers (5 C)
- ► The Charles Henry Gauss Family Papers (1 C, 45 P)
Pages in category "History"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- Translation:Tales of the New Era
- The Civilization of the Renaissance in Italy
- The Fifteen Decisive Battles of the World
- The Great Events by Famous Historians/Volume 1
- The Great Events by Famous Historians/Volume 2
- The Harvard Classics Vol. 51/History I.
- The Harvard Classics Vol. 51/History II.
- The Harvard Classics Vol. 51/History III.
- The Harvard Classics Vol. 51/History IV.
- The Harvard Classics Vol. 51/History V.
- Thoughts on Government
- A Thousand-Mile Walk To The Gulf