Books that Changed the World
- Vedas (Śruti)
- The sacred text of the third largest religion: Hinduism
- Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica by Isaac Newton
- Contains the statement of Newton's laws of motion forming the foundation of classical mechanics. In formulating his physical theories, Newton had developed a field of mathematics known as calculus.
- The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin
- One of the pivotal works in scientific history and arguably the pre-eminent work in biology.
- Magna Carta
- Magna Carta was the most significant early influence on the long historical process that led to the rule of constitutional law today. Magna Carta influenced many common law documents, such as the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights, and is considered one of the most important legal documents in the history of democracy.
- Manifesto of the Communist Party by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels
- Laid out the Communist League's purposes and program. It also suggested a course of action for a proletarian (working class) revolution to overthrow the bourgeoisie (ruling upper class) and to eventually bring about a classless society.