- Burma by Herbert Thirkell White (Volume 4 of the Provincial Geographies of India edited by Thomas Henry Holland).
- Grammatical Notices of the Burmese Language, 1842 by Adoniram Judson
- A History of Burma, pre-1881 by Lt. Gen. Arthur P. Phayre
- Grammar of the Burmese Language, 1883 by Adoniram Judson
- The Tribes of Burma, 1910 by Cecil Champain Lowis
- Burmese Textiles, 1917 by Laura E. Start
- Constitution of the Union of Burma (1948)
- Proclamation 6925, 1996 by Bill Clinton, condemning political repression
- Burmese Freedom and Democracy Act of 2003
- Executive Order 13310, 2003 by George W. Bush, blocking transactions with the country
- Kaba Ma Kyei, national anthem
- The Pali literature of Burma by Mabel Haynes Bode (1909) (transcription project)
- “Burmah” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1878.
- “Burmah, British” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1878.
- “Burmah” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Burmah, British” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Burma,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Burma” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Burma”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Burma,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- “Burma,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Burma,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Burma,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- “Burma” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 1982.
- “Burma” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 1990.
- “Burma” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 2004.