Balanced Budget Act of 1997
(Redirected from Public Law 105-33)Jump to navigation Jump to search
105TH UNITED STATES CONGRESS
To provide for reconciliation pursuant to subsections (b)(1) and (c) of section 105 of the concurrent resolution
on the budget for fiscal year 1998.
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
|This work is incomplete. If you'd like to help expand it, see the help pages and the style guide, or leave a comment on this work's talk page.|
Section 1. Short Title.
- This Act may be cited as the ``Balanced Budget Act of 1997´´.
Sec. 2. Table of Titles.
- This Act is organized into titles as follows:
|TITLE I||FOOD STAMP PROVISIONS|
|TITLE II||HOUSING AND RELATED PROVISIONS|
|TITLE III||COMMUNICATIONS AND SPECTRUM ALLOCATION PROVISIONS|
|TITLE IV||MEDICARE, MEDICAID, AND CHILDREN'S HEALTH PROVISIONS|
|TITLE V||WELFARE AND RELATED PROVISIONS|
|TITLE VI||EDUCATION AND RELATED PROVISIONS|
|TITLE VII||CIVIL SERVICE RETIREMENT AND RELATED PROVISIONS|
|TITLE VIII||VETERANS AND RELATED MATTERS|
|TITLE IX||ASSET SALES, USER FEES, AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS|
|TITLE X||BUDGET ENFORCEMENT AND PROCESS PROVISIONS|
|TITLE XI||DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA REVITALIZATION|
- Note: This is a hand enrollment pursuant to Public Law 105-32.
Approved August 5, 1997.
- HOUSE REPORTS:
- No. 105-149 (Comm. on the Budget)
- No. 105-217 (Comm. of Conference)
- CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, Vol. 143 (1997):
- June 25, Considered and passed House.
- June 25, Considered and passed Senate, amended, in lieu of S. 947.
- July 30, House agreed to conference report.
- July 30, Senate considered conference report.
- July 31, Senate agreed to conference report.
- WEEKLY COMPILATION OF PRESIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS, Vol. 33 (1997):
- FEDERAL REGISTER, Vol. 62 (1997):
- Aug. 12, Cancellation of item pursuant to Line Item Veto Act.
- HOUSE REPORTS:
- Joint Resolution waiving certain enrollment requirements with respect to H.R. 2015 (Became Public Law 105-33; this Act).
- Line Item Veto Act
- Budget Enforcement Act of 1990
- (Public Law 101-508, Title XIII)
- Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Reaffirmation Act of 1987
- (Public Law 100-119, Title I)
- Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985
- (Public Law 99-177, Title II)
- Congressional Budget Act of 1974
- (Public Law 93-344, Title I thru Title IX)