Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Please do not post any new comments on this page.|
This is a discussion archive collecting requests for restricted access by Essjay.
See current discussion or the archives index.
2006-03 checkuser (withdrawn)
The text in the box below was copied from the merged discussion when it was split into the individual users.
- I see your edits to wikisource are rare & mostly to your own userpage. I think if we're going to give someone the checkuser facility it should be someone whose actually going to be around to check users IPs & who has a history of contributing usefully to wikisource, if not an admin. AllanHainey 13:36, 28 March 2006 (UTC)
- This is very true, and nothing I would deny in the least: Wikisource is not my main project (I am an admin on four others, and spend more time on those). However, I am around, even if I'm not actively editing the project: I'm available via IRC and email upwards of 15 hours a day, and am quick to respond to requests. I don't need to be a checkuser here, and am quite willing to withdraw if someone else (such as Yann) is willing to serve as the second one; I'm simply offering to do it so Wikisource will have the two required for status to be granted. Essjay Talk • Contact 13:52, 28 March 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I oppose for Allan's reasons.—Zhaladshar (Talk) 15:06, 28 March 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry, me too. I know how highly stretched you are on other Wiki area, and I feel its better to spread the load. But thanks for all your efforts on this. Apwoolrich 18:19, 28 March 2006 (UTC)
- I think you would be a very responsible person to have checkuser permissions. However from what little I have read about workings of Checkuser on Meta, I do not think it is so overly technical that we cannot have a more active member of the community as the second nominee. I am willing to support you if I find out that those initial impressions are wrong.--BirgitteSB 17:14, 28 March 2006 (UTC)