An Ainu–English–Japanese Dictionary
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Including a Grammar of the Ainu Language)
Rev. JOHN BATCHELOR F. R. G. S.
Author of The Ainu of Japan—The Ainu and
their Folk-lore—Sea-girt Yezo, etc.
Published by the METHODIST PUBLISHING HOUSE, Ginza, Tokyo
London KEGAN PAUL, TRENCH, TRUBNER, Co.
Table of Contents
- (Printing information)
- List of Abbreviations
- Part I: An Ainu–English–Japanese Dictionary
- Part II: A Grammar of the Ainu Language
- § I. Works on Ainu Grammar.
- § II. Ainu and Japanese compared.
- § III. Word-building.
- § IV. Root affinities between Japanese and Ainu.
- § V. Place names considered.
- Part I. The Koropok-guru or Pit-dwellers of North Japan.
- Part II. A critical examination into Topographical nomenclature.
- Chapter II.: Orthography
- Chapter III.: Letter Changes
- Chapter IV.: The Article
- Chapter V.: The Noun
- Chapter VI.: The Adjective
- Chapter VII.: The Numerals
- Chapter VIII.: The Pronoun
- Chapter IX.: The Verb
- Chapter X.: The Adverb
- Chapter XI.: The Interjection
- Chapter XII.: The Vowels a, e, i, o, and u
- Chapter XIII.: Postpositions
- Chapter XIV.: Syntax
- The Author has thought it best to give the headings of the separate sections contained in the introductory chapter in case any Reader should desire to study any one of them in particular, while for the rest, the bare subject only has been announced as a heading.