Author:Rutherford B. Hayes
|←Author Index: Ha||Rutherford Birchard Hayes
|Ulysses Grant; succeeded by James Garfield. 32nd Governor of Ohio (1876 - 1877), 29th Governor of Ohio (1868 - 1872), Republican House Representative from Ohio (1865 - 1867). Union Brevet Major General (1861 - 1865).19th President of the United States (1877 – 1881), with William A. Wheeler, succeeding|
- Inaugural address (4 March 1877)
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (3 December 1877)
- Second State of the Union address (2 December 1878)
- Third State of the Union address (1 December 1879)
- Fourth State of the Union address (6 December 1880)
- “Correspondence with St. Botolph Club” from St. Botolph Club, Visit of the Hon. Carl Schurz to Boston, March 1881.
Works about Rutherford B. Hayes
- Carl Schurz, Hayes vs. Tilden, Speech in Cincinnati, Ohio, August 31, 1876.
- A certificate for the electoral vote for Rutherford B. Hayes and William A. Wheeler for the State of Louisiana dated 1876
- Carl Schurz, Hayes in Review and Garfield in Prospect, Speech at Indianapolis, Indiana, July 20, 1880.
- Carl Schurz, “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1892.
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” by Carl Schurz in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Electoral Commission,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- Carl Schurz, “Rutherford B. Hayes” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.