Author:Rutherford Birchard Hayes
(Redirected from Author:Rutherford B. Hayes)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ha||Rutherford Birchard Hayes
|19th President of the United States (1877 – 1881), with William A. Wheeler; 32nd Governor of Ohio (1876 - 1877), 29th Governor of Ohio (1868 - 1872), Republican House Representative from Ohio (1865 - 1867); Union Brevet Major General (1861 - 1865)|
- Inaugural address (4 March 1877)
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (3 December 1877)
- Second State of the Union address (2 December 1878)
- Third State of the Union address (1 December 1879)
- Fourth State of the Union address (6 December 1880)
- “Correspondence with St. Botolph Club” from St. Botolph Club, Visit of the Hon. Carl Schurz to Boston, March 1881.
Works about Hayes
- Carl Schurz, Hayes vs. Tilden, Speech in Cincinnati, Ohio, August 31, 1876.
- A certificate for the electoral vote for Rutherford B. Hayes and William A. Wheeler for the State of Louisiana dated 1876
- Carl Schurz, Hayes in Review and Garfield in Prospect, Speech at Indianapolis, Indiana, July 20, 1880.
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” by Carl Schurz in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1892)
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard”, by Carl Schurz in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911)
- “Electoral Commission”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911)
- Carl Schurz, “Rutherford B. Hayes” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Hayes, Rutherford Birchard,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)