|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive collecting requests for restricted access by Giggy.
See current discussion or the archives index.
Since then Giggy has plodded along, creating Last Will and Testament of Augustus Hare and A Description of the Morning, working on the collaboration for Author:Karl Marx, adding headers, collaborating on Author:William Lyon Mackenzie King, starting and completing The Endeavour Journal of Sir Joseph Banks, collaborating on Author:Søren Kierkegaard, welcoming people from other projects and other new users, answering anon users politely, archiving WS:PD and WS:COPYVIO, collaborating on Author:John Masefield, adding a few works by Author:John Ruskin and Author:Alfred Tennyson for some unknown reason, filling in textinfo because he is bored, reverting inappropriate edits by anons, alerting Danny that he is up for re-election, improving formatting, identifying copyvios and notifying the contributor, cleaning up after admins and newcomers, creating Skinner v. Oklahoma and subpages, notifying the community of meta issues, inquiring about page blanking, creating A Continuation of a Voyage to New Holland, collaborating on Author:Barack Obama and contributing most of the works for related author Author:Ron Paul, adding A Letter to American Boys, doing copying and pasting for Index:Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc.djvu and Index:Thus Spake Zarathustra - Thomas Common - 1917.djvu, fixing some of the pages listed on User:SQL/Namespace 0 pages that probably have reference problems, upgraded Author:Banjo Paterson to a "featured author" type page and bringing the most important work Waltzing Matilda up to grade required to be a Featured text candidate. He also proofread texts that are candidates.].
And that is only about two thirds of Giggys edits here; enough to demonstrate he has a good understanding of Wikisource the project. In addition he is regularly on IRC, and is also a crat on Commons. John Vandenberg (chat) 08:41, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- I'm happy to accept John's wonderful nomination. Cheers. —Giggy 09:02, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support per nom; Giggy's a fine user; no worries here (won't hold using IRC against you). I'd expand, but am off for dinner, soon; mebbe tomorrow. Cheers, Jack Merridew 09:41, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Makes good use of the tools elsewhere, and seems to have an adequate understanding of how we work here. Hesperian 12:14, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Solid and hardworking user who will use the tools well. Orderinchaos 14:34, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support - Mtmelendez 14:46, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Solid contributions. EVula // talk // 16:11, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Yann 19:55, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support - Giggy seems ready for adminship here. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 10:31, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support - --Zyephyrus 15:48, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Many good contributions. Thanks for accepting the request to do more work. ;- ) Giggy will be able to be more helpful to the Project with the tools. FloNight 17:35, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support ~ Dmitrismirnov 18:59, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support - Yup. ++Lar: t/c 03:37, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Dedicated and hardworking editor. I know him from Commons where I nominated him for bureaucrat (which passed unanimously). Feel free to discount my vote if non-editors here aren't normally counted in votes. Cheers, Majorly talk 08:01, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support - Suicidalhamster (talk) 13:01, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Extra double strength support I thoroughly approve of Giggy's work on Tennyson and Masefield, two of my own favourite areas. I am also aware of his excellent work elsewhere.--Poetlister 21:28, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support I am surprise that Giggy wasn't an admin all ready. :) Very helpful and a great contributor. --Mattwj2002 05:02, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Sumoeagle179 13:12, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Eclecticology 17:57, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
Appointed--BirgitteSB 17:08, 2 September 2008 (UTC)